AirStash Software Public Beta
Current Version: 1.0 Public Beta, released 2011-02-08
This release is a public beta which adds support for reading and
writing files on the AirStash from Apple's iWork applications via
WebDAV. Here's what's new in this release:
- Improved stability & speed of video streaming
- Enabled multiple simultaneous video streams
- Added settings page for non-iOS devices
- Added WebDAV protocol to enable wireless file read & write from iWork applications
- Fixed several bugs including intermittent file name display issues
For instructions on updating your AirStash to this version, please see our public beta software update download page. We've also made a video to demonstrate how to update your AirStash software to the latest version.
This is a beta version of the AirStash software and you may encounter issues when using it. A list of known issues and workarounds is below. If you encounter an issue which is not on our known issues list, please contact AirStash support and let us know as much information as you can provide about the issue, including the steps you took when using the AirStash when the issue occurred and any details about your configuration. Doing so will help us make the AirStash work better!
WEP key can't be entered from within Safari on iPhone or iPod touch
- Workaround (option 1):
- Workaround (option 2): Go to http://airstash.net/files on the device and select the Settings link from there
Photo viewing in HTML5 may crash or repeat photos
- Workaround: Reduce photo size to lower than ~6MP
- This is a bug in Safari and will be addressed by our forthcoming native app
iTunes purchased files can only be played in Safari, not in HTML5 app
- Application capability is currently limited to iWork apps, i.e. Pages, Keynote, and Numbers
- Authentication is not implemented (name and password are not needed).
- Not all methods are supported for other WebDAV applications including delete and rename.
- Please see our instructions on using WebDAV with iWork apps: http://support.airstash.com/entries/433121
- WPA/WPA2 setting is not currently available. It will be available in the final version of the software.
Playlists can't be deleted or reordered.
Streaming media to non-iOS devices varies depending on the device and software
- On HP / Palm webOS devices, remove spaces from file and directory names to work around a bug in webOS 1.4.5 and earlier.
- On Android devices, streaming support varies depending on the device manufacturer and version of Android. Archos Generation 8 internet tablet devices are known to work with the Froyo firmware.
- Windows Phone 7 devices are known to stream video.
- We suggest using Safari to stream video to Mac and Windows computers. Safari is available as a free download from Apple at http://www.apple.com/safari/
- iTunes purchased files do not stream to any non-iOS devices.
- Simultaneous video streaming limits:
- One HD stream, or
- Two SD (DVD quality) streams, or
- Three iPhone quality streams
Files larger than 4 GB cannot be stored on the SD card (SD/SDHC limitation)
Previous Software Releases
Please see our release history page for a list of previous software releases.